Monday, August 30, 2010

Start the cleaning

September 1 is two days away. The eldest boy starts higher education next week. Today I am trying to find his floor. To my deepest regret I never trained the boy to clean his room - I can't even get him to get the dirty laundry out.

I do not have the cleaning gene, the changing of the sheets on a weekly basis gene or the never go to bed with a dirty kitchen sink gene.

For years I cleaned in fits. I would spend the day tearing apart the house and trying desperately to put it back together.  Then one day I found her, The Flylady, ( flylady.net ).

It has been five years and I am still fluttering. I have some of the routines down to a routine. I have decluttered and decluttered and decluttered.

Flylady promises that the family will jump on the wagon. I am still waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment